Book Review: Love At The Bluebird

 

'I become enraptured with his performance and start to daydream that he's singing to me and only me'

Blurb
With a hit song sitting at number one on the country music charts, Gavin McNeer thought he finally had everything he ever wanted.
All it takes is one look from the mesmerising woman sitting in the front row at one of his shows and a brief encounter to make him realise just what he’s been missing. Even though he’s been burnt in the past, Gavin puts his inhibitions aside and his heart on the line to earn the trust of the woman who could be his everything.

Working in an industry where relationships start and end in the blink of an eye, Alyson Dawson has made it her mission not to get mixed up with musicians, no matter how good-looking they are. Keeping her focus on her blossoming career and clients, Aly doesn’t even have time to date much less fall in love. That is until she meets Gavin, a man who changes everything with one smouldering look.

Just when these two begin to settle into their new relationship, Aly is asked to do something that may require her to choose between the career she’s building and the man she’s falling in love with. To make things worse, Gavin’s ex decides to add a touch of drama to an already delicate situation.

Will their love survive, or become just another sad love song?

Review
Love At The Bluebird to me is such a timeless romance. I was shipping Aly and Gavin so hard from their first meeting. I automatically swoon at any romances that involve any kind of country vibes like small country towns or country musicians. Aly and Gavin had a connection from the first time that they eyes locked. Aly is working as an assistant at a record label in Nashville and doesn't really have much of a social life. Her free time is often spent at home with her cat and a book (This is literally my idea of a perfect day). Gavin is an up and coming country singer and songwriter whose first single has just launched and is skyrocketing. One night he is invited to sing at The Bluebird Cafe by the record label that Aly works for *cue meet cute here*. One of my favourite quotes from this section of the book is “This woman has captivated me like no one else has ever before. I need to know the identity of the woman I can’t take my eyes off of.” To me, this quote perfectly encapsulates the beginning of the relationship between Aly and Gavin. 

Aly and Gavin may be one of my favourite romance book couples. I just like I could empathise with them and became really invested in their relationship. I feel like when they first met it was kind of like they existed in their own little world. It was like they were always meant to find each other. I also feel like the desperation that Gavin felt about being able to spend time and be in contact with Aly gave me all the feels. He genuinely wanted to be around her all the time. He was quite an alpha male character which I really enjoyed. Their relationship progresses quite fast, this is actually something that I really enjoyed about the book. I'm not a huge fan of really slow burn romances. I like the couples to get together fairly early on in the story. They face a number of challenges as a couple from ex- partners, scheming bosses and paparazzi. I highly, highly recommend this book! Sometimes I come across books that genuinely make me overwhelmingly happy after reading them. This was one of those books, I had an uncontrollable smile for a while after I had finished it. Definitely a 5 ⭐ read! 

As a fun little extra thing, I made a Spotify playlist full of country songs that I think relate well to this book! You can find it hereπŸ‘‡
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3WoeA84StxwWwn9kd2P9ZV?si=3JNzR_LdQwq3P1qErVvJKg 

One of my favourite quotes from this book honestly is all I hope for when it comes to my love life 😍
'Please, Lord, let this girl be the one, I add silently to my prayers'
Let me know your thoughts on this book in the comments!

Happy Reading, 
Jess xx 
Books Mentioned: 
Love At The Bluebird by Aurora Rose Reynolds and Jessica Marin 

Comments