Romance Recs- Men In Uniform

Hands up if you think men in uniform are hot 🙋. Some of my favourite books to read involve men in uniform. This includes police men, detectives, firefighters, navy, army, FBI and anything else you can think of (for this I am keeping bodyguards as a separate category, because I mean they are in a league of their own 😍). 

The first books that come to mind in this category are recent reads of mine from Misha Blake. She has two full books out, Unravelling Shaylee and Denying Red. She has also recently released two novellas, Unravelled and Denied. Unravelling Shaylee is a romance between two detectives, Nick and Shaylee. I really enjoyed this book for a number of reasons. I liked the development of the relationship between Nick and Shaylee throughout the story. Probably my favourite part of this book was that the 'bad guy' was not someone I ever would have guessed. Even with a million guesses I never would have picked it. It was a really good twist. I really liked reading Unravelled after this book to revisit Nick and Shaylee as a couple. It was a super intense novella and I was seriously worried at several points. I was super interesting to read about their relationship after the trauma they went through and to see how they were dealing with it. Denying Red is a firefighter romance between Matt and Michaela. Matt was constantly drawn to Michaela which I thought was super sexy. In this book I also appreciated the fact that it wasn't only Matt who was a firefighter, Michaela was one too. I love to read about sexy, strong badass females. This book had me feeling all sorts of things towards the end, literally so much angst. This was another couple that I was happy to revisit in Denied. We got to see the aftermath of their original story and see the new struggles that they were facing. It's safe to say I am super excited for Misha's next book, Protecting Shannon which releases on the 20th of October. 

An author that I really enjoy who writes all about military men is Susan Stoker. I will say that some of her writing is a bit repetitive and can seem kind of similar. This however doesn't really bother me. I was first hooked by her SEAL of Protection series. I absolutely devoured these books. Each book follows a different member of the SEAL team and their journey of saving the woman that they love. After I read these books, I read a bunch more of her military series. I really enjoyed the Delta Force Heroes, Badge of Honour: Texas Heroes and I've read some of Delta Team Two. I just love the alpha maleness that is packed into these books. I am a sucker for the hot guy coming in and saving their woman. 

Another series that I enjoyed was the Out of Uniform series by Elle Kennedy. These books are super hot and sexy. I can't remember full details on these books as I read them a fair while ago but I do remember they were hottt! 

Another Elle Kennedy series is the Killer Instincts series. This was another series that I really enjoyed. These stories are full of both badass men and women. 

The final series that I'm going to recommend is the FBI/US Attorney series by Julie James. These books are super captivating and include some super hot alpha males. 

I hope that you enjoy some of these recommendations, if you have read any of these or have any recommendations for me leave them in the comments section! 

Happy Reading
xx Jess

Books Mentioned 


Comments