The TV Show You Didn't Know You Needed

Ok, I don't think I'm alone in thinking the romantic TV shows that are available are seriously lacking. I just don't think I've ever found a show that ticks all the boxes like a romance book does. Recently however, I somehow had a Turkish TV show called Sen Cal Kapimi (You Knock On My Door) come up in recommended clips on my YouTube account. This is the TV show I was missing. Because it is a Turkish production, it has to be watched with subtitles which I don't mind but some people I know don't like it. The plot synopsis of this show is, 

Eda, who ties all her hopes to her education, confronts Serkan Bolat, who cuts off her international education scholarship and leaves her with high school diploma. Serkan Bolat offers Eda to give her scholarship back if she pretends to be his fiance for two months. Although Eda rejects the offer of this man as she hates him, she has to accept it when the conditions change. While pretending to be engaged, Serkan and Eda begin to experience a passionate, challenging relationship that will make them forget all they know right. Because love is difficult. And that's why it's amazing.

I mean, it has all of my favourite romance tropes wrapped up in the one story. We have essentially got enemies to lovers, fake dating/engagement and office romance all mixed in together. Serkan is definitely one of my favourite characters because not only is he hot but the character traits that he has are super hot. He is authoritative, dominant, controlling, jealous and just overall sexy. I fell like he and Eda compliment each other perfectly and I love watching their interactions with each other, especially when they are trying to deny their feelings. I think another thing that I like about this series is that the episodes are legitimate movies. Seriously, they are about 2 hours long per episode. I love this about it because I fell like you really get to know the characters and more storyline can be shown. The only thing I feel like this show is lacking so far are some steamy sex scenes. We might get those in the future because I don't think Eda and Serkan have officially got together yet so fingers crossed. All of the episodes that have aired so far are available on Facebook to view with subtitles which is amazing! You can find them here if you want to check it out. 

Because of this show, I have become completely obsessed with Turkish romance shows. There are two other in particular I have found called Bay Yanlis (Mr Wrong) and Dolunay (Full Moon). 

The plot for Dolunay is, 

Dolunay revolves around Nazlı, an amateur cook and Ferit Aslan, a young, successful, handsome, and organized businessman. Nazlı needs a job immediately to pay the rent of her apartment that she shares with her sister and her best friend. She accepts the proposal to work in Ferit’s house as his private cook upon her professor’s recommendation.

The plot for Bay Yanlis is, 

Özgür is a very wealthy restaurant owner and living a sloppy but happy go lucky life, and does not believe in love. Ezgi is now tired of wrong relationships and is determined to have a proper relationship and get married. Seeing that Ezgi is not successful in the relationship matters, Özgür begins to mentor her about relationships and gives her tactics to get the man she likes.

I feel like these are the types of TV shows that are so bad and cheesy that I absolutely love them! 

What is one of your guilty pleasure TV shows? 

Comments